Erika's Hawaiian receipe
CHOUX PASTRY (Cream Puff Shell):
1. Over Med-Heat, in a Med. saucepan, Combine water, butter, sugar, & salt and bring it to a boil.. Once it boils, remove from Med-heat & stir in flour QUICKLY with a wooden spoon for 2 mins. until dough comes together.
Transfer dough to the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment & beat at Med-speed until slightly cooled, about 1-2 mins.
ADD eggs, one at a time, stirring on Med-speed until well combined.
PREHEAT oven to 400*.
2. Transfer Choux mixture into a pastry bag & pipe round shapes onto parchment paper lined baking sheet *(if peaking wet finger with a bit of water & tamp down tops)* Make slightly larger than an egg. and bake for about 10 mins., depending on size.
Leave pastries in the oven & REDUCE oven temp. to 325*, without opening the door. BAKE 30 mins. more until golden brown.
Transfer shells to wire rack. Let cool.
3. CUT an X on the bottom of the puff & fill with chocolate pastry cream. Turn it over & pipe with the Chocolate Pastry cream.
4. Top with the Chantilly frosting on top.
CHOCOLATE PASTRY CREAM:
Combine pudding & milk. Whip until smooth & thick. ADD carton of Cool Whip & mix well. Put a cover on it & place in the fridge.
1. Melt butter & salt. Remove from heat & cool slightly. Whisk in milk, sugar & vanilla; then egg & egg yolk. COOK on Med-heat to a low boil. Once it boils, let it cook for another 2 mins., whisking continually. REMOVE from heat & sift & simultaneously mix in cornstarch. POUR mixture into a bowl; COVER with plastic wrap *(directly on top of the mixture)* & let cool to room temperature. When at room temp., put in fridge until a consistency of piping.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2948g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2531 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 281.3g||375 %|
|Saturated Fat 149.7g||749 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 82.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 20.7g|
|Cholesterol 3923.8mg||1207 %|
|Sodium 48152.4mg||1660 %|
|Potassium 2905.6mg||76 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 552g||162 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||44 %|
|Sugars, other 541g|
|Protein 178.5g||255 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5488
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.