1. Melt the butter (or oil) in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook the onion 5 minutes, or until soft and starting to brown.
2. Add the garlic and carrot and cook for another 5 minutes, or until starting to soften.
3. Pour in the orange juice and bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Add the squash, stock and 2 cups water then return to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the carrot and pumpkin are soft.
6. Blend the soup in batches in a blender until smooth -- add a little more stock if you prefer the soup to be a thinner consistency. (A hand blender works the best for soups.)
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the soup among serving bowls and garnish with chives.
Soup is even better the next day because the flavors have more time to meld.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (931g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 64 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.1g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 18.3mg||6 %|
|Sodium 3814.2mg||132 %|
|Potassium 202.8mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.4g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 16.8g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 136
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.