1. Heat 1 cup milk in microwave until scalded then add 1/2 cup Crisco stirring until it melts in hot milk. Add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp. salt to hot milk. Stir until dissolved and let cool slightly
2. Beat 3 eggs in large bowl...gradually add milk mixture to eggs
3. Add 1 package of yeast (2 1/4 tsp.) stir with whisk until dissolved
4. Stir in 4 cups flour (use 1/2 cup on the counter)
5. Knead lightly on floured surface
6. Place in greased bowl, cover let rise until doubled (about 1-2 hrs.)
7. Divide dough into thirds, roll out each to size of 9" pie pan, cut into wedges.
8. Roll up from big end to smaller end, place on greased pan and let rise (about 1 1/2 hours)
9. Bake @ 300 for 15 - 20 minutes until slightly golden brown on top...butter the tops while hot
10. Makes about 3 dozen delicious rolls
Don't kill the yeast with hot liquid...can let rise in the oven with the light on if it's cold outside
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Roll (31g)|
|Recipe Makes: 36 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 28 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.1g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0.4mg||0 %|
|Sodium 11.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 32.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.3g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 13.9g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 94
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.