1. Spray crock pot and evenly spread hash browns at the bottom.
2. Crack 12 eggs in a large bowl.
3. Mix well (and slowly) using a whisk.
4. Add the milk.
5. Go ahead and sprinkle in the ground mustard. This might sound like a weird ingredient, but I've come to love (and use) this in most of my recipes.
6. Add plenty of salt....
...and lots of fresh pepper. Mix well and set aside.
7. Cook the sausage on high heat, drain and set aside.
8. Add sausage on top of hash browns.
9. Is this enough cheese? Maybe? Probably. Throw the whole big bag in there.
10. Mix it up well. Or good, depending on where you're from.
11. Pour the egg mixture over everything in the crock pot. Using a wood spoon, even everything out so it's spread evenly.
12. Turn the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Some fun variations of this recipe. Before cooking (during prep) you can add:
chunks of sourdough bread
diced green onions
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (256g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 22 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 9.8mg||3 %|
|Sodium 287.3mg||10 %|
|Potassium 443.6mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.7g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 17.1g|
|Protein 7.9g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 123
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.