1. In a large mixing bowl add the pork, veal, carrot, onion, garlic, mix adding the milk slowly. Add breadcrumbs and flour, mix well, add all spice, pepper, salt, continue to mix, add seltzer water, mix, then knead the mixture well until everything is incorporated well.
2. Using 2 tbsp of meat mixture form a oval like meatball, flattened to about 1/4 inch thickness, set on a wax paper covered plate, repeat until all mixture is used (about 20 meatballs) set into the fridge for 15-30 minutes
3. In a large skillet heat margarine over medium heat. Fry in batches, about 5-6 minutes per side or longer if needed until browned well on both sides. Remove from pan to paper towel to drain. Add more margarine if needed when frying in batches.
4. Once all the Frikadeller have been cooked, make the gravy..Scrape the bits from the skillet, transfer remaining margarine and bits to a small sauce pan over medium heat add flour to form a roux. Add cream and milk slowly stirring constantly until desired consistency is reached.
5. Add 1 tbsp of bouillon, slat and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with prepared gravy, and any sides such as Creamed Stewed Cabbage, Sweet Brown Cabbage, Creamed Stewed Potatoes, Mash Potatoes, Marinated beetroot, pickles, or rye bread.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (395g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 148 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.4g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.5g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 46.8mg||14 %|
|Sodium 201.4mg||7 %|
|Potassium 563.3mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 30.7g|
|Protein 11.4g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 328
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.