Straight Dough Method (makes three 14” pizzas) :
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the water, yeast, sugar and malt syrup. With a whisk, stir so the sugar begins to dissolve and feed the yeast.
2. Pour in the flour, top with salt and oil.
3. With the dough hook attachment, set your stand mixer to 2 (medium low speed).
4. A dough ball should form after 1 minute. Continue to mix for a total of 8 minutes.
5. Turn mixer off, remove the hook from the bowl and place the dough into a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
6. Allow the dough to ferment in the bowl at room temp. (75°-80°F) for an hour.
7. Once the dough has fermented and doubled in size, dump it out on your table and begin to scale (see scale guide for pizza to the right).
8. Lightly flour your workspace table and round your scaled dough.
9. Using a rolling pin, roll out and top as desired, or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze up to one month.
10. Bake in your Kamado Joe at 550°F-600°F for 8 to 10 minutes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (169g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 22 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.4g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0.9mg||0 %|
|Sodium 816.4mg||28 %|
|Potassium 86.5mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 1.6g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 36
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!