1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
2. Stir in flour 1-2 tbsp at a time.
3. Slowly add milk, stirring between additions.
4. Bring just to a boil and then simmer until thick, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted and the consistency is as desired.
6. Serve on steamed vegetables.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (117g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 220 (72%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.4g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.4g||77 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 71.2mg||22 %|
|Sodium 310.7mg||11 %|
|Potassium 121.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 12.5g|
|Protein 10.3g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 307
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.