This Eggnog Cake is our holiday adaptation of the Vintage Whipping Cream Cake of Reddit viral fame. Just 6 simple ingredients and as many quick and easy steps stand between you and this decadent confection -- one that's buttery and a bit crisp on the outside and moist -- even downright gooey -- on the inside. The secret to this cake's success comes from putting it in a cold oven to bake as the oven comes to temperature. Low and slow is the name of the game here and yields a better-than-bundt result.
1. Do not preheat the oven.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the butter and sugar thoroughly until light and pale, about five minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk thoroughly after each one. Alternate the additions of flour and egg nog and whisk on low speed until blended, but do not whip. Add vanilla paste.
3. Generously coat a 10-cup capacity bundt pan with cooking spray. Use a pastry brush to coat all the nooks and crannies. Pour batter into the pan and smooth gently.
4. Place pan inside a cold oven and turn the temperature to 325°F. Bake for 75 minutes and test for doneness.
5. Loosen the edges of the cake as it comes out of the oven, but allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before flipping it onto a cooling rack. (Pro-tip: We find that letting the cake rest for 5 minutes rightside up and then an additional 5 minutes upside down works wonders for stubborn confections.)
6. Dust the cooled cake with confectioners’ sugar to serve.
Because there is no leavening agent in this recipe, it is important to beat the butter, sugar, and eggs thoroughly to incorporate plenty of air into the cake mixture.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (161g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 199 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.1g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.8g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 190.9mg||59 %|
|Sodium 654mg||23 %|
|Potassium 98.3mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 95.3g||28 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 94.3g|
|Protein 8.1g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 604
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.