1. Cover the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil. In several batches, cook the eggplant in oil until browned on all sides.
2. Place eggplant in a large, non-reactive mixing bowl.
3. In the same pan, saute peppers in oil until tender. Remove them to the eggplant bowl.
4. In the same pan again, saute onions and garlic in oil until soft. Add the brown sugar, red wine vinegar, and anchovies. Simmer 2 minutes.
5. Add the pureed tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, honey and green olives. Simmer together about 5 minutes, til thick and brown.
6. Pour onion/sauce mixture over eggplant and peppers. Stir well to combine. Add herbs, capers, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve immediately hot or let cool and serve room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (436g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 98 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.9g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.6g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 4.2mg||1 %|
|Sodium 786.5mg||27 %|
|Potassium 805.8mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 79g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||40 %|
|Sugars, other 69g|
|Protein 5.5g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 416
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!