1. In a large pot, put the Salmon bones with head, the onion, 1 carrot, a teaspoon of salt, whole peppercorns and water then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Skim off any impurities or foam.
2. Strain the soup through a cheesecloth inside a colander (over a large bowl) the ensure the broth is clear and free of impurities. Discard the Salmon bones and vegetables, or give the fish to your cat.
3. In a frying pan, melt butter and sauté the leeks until they soften. Set aside.
4. Return fish stock to the pot and add the chopped potatoes, sautéed leeks, 2 sliced carrots and bay leafs. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
5. Add the boneless Salmon pieces, which should be cut in approx 2" cubed pieces. If the pieces are cut too small and thin, they will fall apart. Cook for about 10 minutes. Add whipping cream and stir.
Add chopped dill, season with salt and pepper according to taste. This recipe loves black pepper.
Garnish with chopped green onion or parsley.
Optional - can add 2 celery sticks when cooking the fish stock, as its a taste people like in soups but wasn't in the original fish soups. For additional depth, can add Vegeta Seafood Stock powder for seasoning. If you don't have leek, use a finely chopped small onion. You can also thicken this soup with cornstarch and water for a thicker consistency. I suggest 3-4 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 5 tablespoons of water, then added to pot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (3527g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 111 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.3g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.5g||38 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 30.5mg||9 %|
|Sodium 289.9mg||10 %|
|Potassium 2729.6mg||72 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 114.4g||34 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15.1g||60 %|
|Sugars, other 99.3g|
|Protein 13.4g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 605
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!