1) microwave milk, honey, shortening, and butter together. About 2 minutes. Whisk and let cool until just warm. Whisk in the egg.
2) combined 5 cups flour, yeast, and salt. Add milk mixture and mix until comes together.
3) add 1/2 cup remaining flour 2 tbsp at a time as needed.
4) knead into a round ball. Place ball in an oiled bowl and cover with greased plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 hour by space heater.
5) line a 13x9 baking dish with foil.
6) turn dough out onto counter and stretch it into an even 15" log. Cut into 15 equal pieces. Work pieces intro tight rolls. Press rolls into the baking dish. Mist with vegetable spray, cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise again by space heater for 1 hour.
7) adjust oven rack to lower middle. Preheat to 350. Whisk egg with 1 tbsp of water. Wash rolls.
8) bake 25-30 minutes, rotating half way through. Let cool 10 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (69g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 63 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 36.8mg||11 %|
|Sodium 13.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 78.4mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.4g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 37g|
|Protein 6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 243
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!