1. Place bread in a single layer in a shallow dish (the bread should fit snugly in the dish).
2. Place eggs, milk, orange rind, vanilla, caster sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over bread. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight. Turn occasionally.
3. Lightly crush berries. Combine with icing sugar and set aside.
4. Heat butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat until just starting to brown. Add bread and reduce temperature to low. Cook for about 10 minutes each side or until golden brown.
5. Serve immediately with smashed berries and yoghurt or cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (287g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 142 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.8g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.9g||44 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 174mg||54 %|
|Sodium 493.3mg||17 %|
|Potassium 201.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.4g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 42.3g|
|Protein 12.7g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 380
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!