1) Pour the flour onto the pastry board in a mound. Make a depression in the middle and break in the eggs. Add 1-2 tsp. salt and 4-5 tbl. cold water.
2) Now, fold the flour over the eggs, salt and water, and knead the dough until it can be formed into a ball.
3) Continue to knead for about 10 minutes, folding the dough again and again until it is elastic. Remember to keep your hands and the board lightly floured.
4) Divide the dough ball in half. Roll out one piece with the rolling pin and continue to roll, flouring the board each tie, until the dough is thinned out--8-10 rolls--and you can see the board underneath. Pick up the dough and lay over a cloth or chair back until it is dry, about 30 minutes. Repeat with the second half of the dough.
5) Now, roll up the sheets and cut into ribbons about 3/8" wide.
6) To cook, drop into a pan of boiling, salted water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remember, nothing has to soften, so longer cooking will result in a mass of glutinous fragments. Serve with any sauce you choose or just with butter and cheese to really appreciate the taste of the fresh pasta.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (275g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 76 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.5g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 211.5mg||65 %|
|Sodium 74.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 277.3mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 152.7g||45 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 147.7g|
|Protein 31.5g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 830
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!