1. Preheat the oven to 180 C/Gas 4
2. Sift the flour, ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl.
3. Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan large enough to hold all the ingredients.
4. Set over low heat and stir gently until everything is completely melted and smooth.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and tip in the flour mixture.
6. Mix well with a wooden spoon to make a firm dough.
7. Top the dough out onto a lightly floured worktop and leave until cool enough to handle.
8. Gently knead to make a neat ball.
9. Leave until cold before rolling out.
NOTE: In warm weather, wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill for about 20 minutes.
10. Line baking trays with baking paper.
11. Lightly dust the worktop and rolling pin with flour.
12. Roll out the dough slightly thicker than a pound coin.
13. Cut out shapes and place on prepared baking trays.
14. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until slightly darker.
15. Remove from oven and leave the biscuits to cool completely on the baking trays.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (49g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 109 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.1g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.5g||38 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 31.4mg||10 %|
|Sodium 111.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 39.5mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.2g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 25.3g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 225
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!