1. Cook bacon pieces in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until beef is no longer pink, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up beef as it cooks.
2. Once beef is cooked add jalapeno, garlic, chili pepper, cumin, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir to distribute well. Let cook 30 seconds to one minute. Do not let garlic burn.
3. Stir in the diced tomatoes, stock, and kidney beans. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and let simmer for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour.
5. Ladle chili into bowls. Top as desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (657g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 572 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 63.5g||85 %|
|Saturated Fat 19.6g||98 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.4g|
|Cholesterol 310.8mg||96 %|
|Sodium 930.9mg||32 %|
|Potassium 1536.5mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.4g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.8g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 15.6g|
|Protein 87.3g||125 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1041
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!