1. Boil cream in a heavy pan until reduced by half. Remove from heat, stir in Grand Marnier and chocolate, and return to low heat; stir until chocolate melts.
2. Whisk in softened butter. When mixture is smooth, pour into a shallow bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 40 minutes.
3. Scoop chocolate up with a teaspoon and shape into rough 1-inch balls. Roll the truffle balls in the unsweetened cocoa.
4. Store truffles, covered, in the refrigerator. Let truffles stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
5. Variations: Mocha: Substitute espresso and a pinch of freshly ground coffee for Grand Marnier. Hazelnut: Substitute Frangelico for Grand Marnier and roll in chopped hazelnuts instead of the cocoa.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3g)|
|Recipe Makes: 96 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 10 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 2.1mg||1 %|
|Sodium 4.9mg||0 %|
|Potassium 7mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 15
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.