Recipe By : Good Housekeeping 11/2011
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :2:40
Categories : Apple&Herb Stuffing Bread Pud Bread Pudding
NOTES : * For a softer, more custardy pudding, prepare it a full day ahead through step 4.
Each Serving: About 305 calories; 10g. protein; 16g. carbohydrate; 23g. total fat; (13g saturated),; 1g fiber; 133mg. cholesterol; 825mg. sodium.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Arrange bread in single layer on 18" by 12" jelly-roll pan. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
2. While bread toasts, in 12-inch skillet, heat butter on medium-low. Add pancetta; increase heat to medium and cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirrin occasionally. Add onion, celery, and apple; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionaly. Stir in sherry, rosemary, 4 teaspoons salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
3. Meanwhile, in very large bowl, beat eggs, cream, chicken stock, and 1 1/2 Cups Guyere. Add bread, then vegetable mixture, stirring until well combined. Let stand 30 minutes to allow bread to soak.
4. Stir mixture well; transfer to 21/2- to 3-quart (13" by 9" by 2") gratin dish. Sprinkle with remaining Gruyere. (To make ahead, assemble bread pudding, cover with platic wrap, and refrigerate up to 1 day before baking).*
5. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until top is browned and custard is set (when knife inserted in center comes out clean).
Serve hot or warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (830g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 1459 (89%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 162.1g||216 %|
|Saturated Fat 92.7g||463 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 48.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.9g|
|Cholesterol 1632.5mg||502 %|
|Sodium 912.5mg||31 %|
|Potassium 703.4mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 8.8g|
|Protein 42.3g||60 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1640
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!