Korean Pancakes, known as Pajun (Pajeon) are made from a standard savory pancake batter mixed with various fresh vegetables, then are pan-fried to perfection.
There are no “unique” or “exotic” combinations here, unless you find the soy and sesame seeds in the dipping sauce exotic.
1. Heat a frying pan on medium setting.
2. Cut the green ends of the scallions into 3-inch lengths. Cut the lower onion-y part in half length-wise. Cut that half in half so you have quarters. (If you don’t understand, just chop them all up in small pieces. It’s kind of the same flavor.)
3. Combine in a bowl the water, flour and eggs, and beat.
4. Stir in the green onion chunks, chopped chives, shrimp, hot sauce or kimchi juice, salt and pepper.
5. Use a ladle or Asian soup spoon to scoop up the pancake mix with fair amount of shrimp and greens in it onto frying pan. You can determine what size you want. I make them large and then cut them in quarters.
6. Fry each side until golden brown and fully cooked, around 4-5 minutes on my stove per pancake.\\
Place all the dipping sauce ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Whisk and warm in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, just long enough for the sugar to dissolve. Whisk again and set aside.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (348g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 31 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.4g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 71.3mg||22 %|
|Sodium 797.1mg||27 %|
|Potassium 1086.2mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.3g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 45.8g|
|Protein 11.2g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 256
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!