I got the inspiration for this dish from the recipe Grilled Lemon Lime Chicken Over Angel Hair. However, I wanted to cut down the calories a bit and use up some leftovers. Here''''s what I came up with:
1. Get the water for the pasta boiling
2. Thinly slice the pepper and onion. Cut the garlic into a small dice. Heat the butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Put in the pepper, onion and garlic. Cover the veggies with half of the garlic powder and 1 tbs of lime juice. Cook until the veggies are soft. Add in the tomatoes, reduce the heat to low, and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. In another medium pan coated with cooking spray, re-heat the chicken over low heat. Cover the chicken with the rest of the garlic powder and lime juice.
4. Cook the pasta. When it is done, drain it and coat it with the olive oil. Toss the spaghetti so it is fluffy.
5. To plate, start with the spaghetti, then chicken, and then the veggies. For an added kick, mix in a tablespoon of my Jalapeno Sandwich Spread (search recipes).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (276g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 125 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.9g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 66.8mg||21 %|
|Sodium 90.7mg||3 %|
|Potassium 647.5mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 74.7g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 69.5g|
|Protein 33g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 559
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!