The Israelis' eat this savory dish for breakfast, the Tunisians eat it for dinner. I say any time I can get this dish for is okay. Ready in a very short time and serve right out of the skillet. Serve with crusty bread to soak up the spicy sauces and feta. This is a classic recipe adapted from a friends who was ate it for the first time on her birthright trip to Isreal. She wrote me to tell me about it - it has been a favorite in my house ever since
1. Reminder :-) Good Mise en Place ( getting things ready) makes this making dish super easy and fast
2. Use a heavy skillet and heat oil
3. Brown sausage chunks for one minute.
3. Add peppers and onions and quickly cook in oil. Add spices and black pepper.
4. Add tomatoes into skillet and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes. Chicken Sausage should be 165 degrees to be completed cooked.
5. Depending on how you like your eggs, the final cooking can be 3-7 minutes. I like my eggwhites cooked all the way with soft egg yolks, that takes about 4 minutes.
6. Finish with feta cheese and serve with bread.
If you only plan on making half of this recipe for a smaller family- it freezes beautifully just don't add eggs until the sauce has been reheated
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (120g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 29 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 9.5mg||3 %|
|Sodium 123mg||4 %|
|Potassium 115.2mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 2.6g|
|Protein 2.1g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 49
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!