1) Place pie crust on counter (in sleeve) and bring to room temperature (crust will be soft and doughy)
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mincemeat pie pan with non stick spray
3) Reconstitute the None Such Mincemeat (package directions) Finely crumble mincemeat into medium saucepan. Add 1 1/4 cups water (minus a little water for the splashes of liquor), splash of Tuaca and splash of Dry Sherry. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook and stir 1 minute. Cool completely. If mincemeat is soupy, pour through strainer.
4) Mix reconstituted None Such Mincemeat with Robertson's Mincemeat to taste (roughly 1/2 and 1/2 - maybe a little more None Such)
5) Roll 1 pie crust pretty thin (you should be able to make 12 complete pies out of 1 crust). Cut 12 - 2 3/4 inch - circles (use upside down wine glass or cookie cutter, anything a little bigger than the individual mincemeat pie pan). Pinch each circle just a little thinner and place in bottom of prepared mincemeat pie pan
6) Fill bottoms with the mincemeat mixture - making sure not to over fill. The filling will not look like there is enough filling, but there will be enough - to quote Jo "the filling will look chincey". If you overfill the tops will pop off
7) Gather the pie crust craps and re roll to same thickness. Cut 12 more 2 3/4 inch circles. Pinch each circle just a little thinner. Wet the underside of the circle with a little bit of water on your finger and place on top of the bottom, pinching the sides together to form the pie.
8) Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown
9) Serve warm with whipped cream.
Keep in airtight container.
*If extra mincemeat filling, place in refrigerated for later use
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (30g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 22 (96%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 9.1mg||3 %|
|Sodium 3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 5mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.2g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.2g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 23
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!