1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a mini muffing/cupcake pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix coconut milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes until it curdles. Add sugar, oil, vanilla extract and pomegranate juice and mix well.
3. In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and coconut). Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold batter well. Add the pomegranate arils and fold into batter. Pour batter into tins and bake for 12 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and fill with the remaining better and bake at the same temperature.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting: In a medium bowl, add pomegranate juice and sift in the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla extract and the shortening to mixture and with an immersion blender, blend ingredients until well incorporated. Use a mixer if an immersion blender is not available.
6. Place frosting into a piping bag with decorative tip and frost cupcakes after they are cooled. Decorate with 1 to 2 arils.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (45g)|
|Recipe Makes: 36 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1306.6mg||45 %|
|Potassium 42.5mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 7.7g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 143
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.