1. Put all but last four ingredients in bread pan in order suggested by your bread machine instructions. Set for bagel dough. Press start.
2. When dough is ready, remove from bread machine and punch down. Cut into about 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece between your palms to form a thin rope (about 1 1/4" in diameter), about 7" long with tapered ends. Bring ends together to form a circle, with the tapered ends overlapping. With moistened fingers, pinch or knead the joined ends.
3. About 20 minutes before dough is ready, boil water in a very large pot.
4. Set the bagels in a warm place to rise and cover them loosely. Rise for 15 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (370 in JL's oven).
6. Add 2 tablespoons sugar to boiling water. Drop 4-6 into boiling water gently. Cook 1 minute, turn over and cook 3 minutes longer.
7. Remove bagels, drain. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
8. Beat egg white with water and brush over bagels. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (74g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 25 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.8g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 1.6mg||0 %|
|Sodium 954.4mg||33 %|
|Potassium 173.6mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.8g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 30.5g|
|Protein 7.5g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 188
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!