An exceptionally rich and moist chocolate cake with coffee liqueur baked in. A wonderful special dessert. A non-alcoholic version can be made by replacing the liqueur with 3/4 cup chocolate syrup mixed with 1/4 cup warm water. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. A little of the glaze may be reserved to drizzle over the topping for a nice presentation.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. In a large measuring cup dissolve baking soda in water, then add coffee, 1/2 cup of the coffee liqueur, and vanilla.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the cocoa, then the egg yolks one at a time. Alternately beat in the flour and the coffee mixture just until incorporated.
3. In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly but carefully fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
4. Pour batter into a 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack. Pierce warm cake all over with a fork and drizzle glaze a spoonful at a time over cake until it is absorbed. Wrap cake tightly with plastic wrap to preserve moisture.
5. To make the glaze: In a small bowl combine confectioner''s sugar and remaining 1/2 cup of coffee liqueur. Add the liqueur slowly until the glaze is the desired consistency.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (135g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 261 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.8g||89 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 141.1mg||43 %|
|Sodium 310.9mg||11 %|
|Potassium 105.9mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 54g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 52.7g|
|Protein 4.3g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 517
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!