1. Put four scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet covered with freezer paper. Place them in the freezer to use later.
2. Place the mochiko in a glass or ceramic mixing bowl and slowly add water, 2 tablespoons at a time. When the mochiko and water are completely combined, mix with sugar.
3. Cover the mixture with a piece of plastic wrap. Slit a hole in the middle to allow heat to escape. Microwave for 2 minutes, stir, re-cover with the plastic wrap and microwave at 50% heat for another minute. The mochi should be thick and shiny.
4. Cover a cutting board with cornstarch, then scoop the mochi onto the cutting board. Be careful, it’ll still be hot! Coat with cornstarch and pat outward from the middle to flatten. Some people like to use rolling pins at this point which may make it possible for you to make up to six mochi balls with thin coats. Put the cutting board with the mochi on it into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Using a small bowl or teacup, cut circles out of the flattened, cooled mochi. Layer on a plate with plastic wrap between each circle. Dust each layer of plastic wrap with cornstarch to keep it from sticking. Cover all layers with plastic wrap, then place in freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the mochi circles and dust each off using a pastry brush or a soft, wide paintbrush. Place the mochi circle back on a piece of plastic wrap, then place a scoop of ice cream in the middle of the circle. Fold the sides of the mochi up around the ice cream. Twist the plastic wrap up and around the mochi ball, and place in the freezer for two hours. Continue with remaining mochi and ice cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (38g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0.6mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.2g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 25.2g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 98
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!