1) Roll the diced chicken in the 1/4 cup cornstarch and set aside.
2) Dice up the vegetables and set aside.
3) Mix 1 Tbl. cornstarch with water and set aside. --Once you start cooking everything comes together fast, so all mise en place!
4) Add the peanut oil to a wok set over medium heat. When it gets hot, add the chicken and brown it all over. The cornstarch will help to add color. Set the chicken aside.
5) In the same wok, add the garlic, ginger, hoisin, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Stir until it comes together.
6) Add the red chile rings, and let them soften a little, incorporating with the sauce. Add the cornstarch and water mixture, stirring well. Should help the sauce to thicken up quickly.
7) Add the chicken back into the wok, stir to incorporate, making sure that the chicken is cooked through.
8) Serve immediately, topped with the sliced green onions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (364g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 384 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 42.6g||57 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.7g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.9g|
|Cholesterol 118.9mg||37 %|
|Sodium 379.9mg||13 %|
|Potassium 961.8mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 30.4g|
|Protein 28.4g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 623
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.