Prep time 5 minutes, cook time 20 minutes total.
0. For the classic and endlessly useful B?chamel sauce, first infuse the milk with a bay leaf and half an onion studded with 3 cloves. Bring the milk to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from the bowl and wipe clean.
You can omit this initial stage if you want to.
1. Fit the flexi-beater.
2. Put the kenwood at 120?C and stirring 3 for 1 minute, empty.
3. Add the butter, set to stirring 1 / 120?C and wait for it to all melt.
4. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Then, add the milk gradually, making sure the milk is absorbed before each addition - this will ensure there are no lumps in the sauce. Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
7. Add 50g of double cream and add 200g of cheese such as Emmental, Gruyere, or farmhouse Cheddar when you add the milk.
8. Turn the temperature dial off and reduce the temperature of the sauce to 80?C-85?C.
9. Add 2 egg yolks to the sauce. Then turn the temperature dial back to 80?C, but don't let the sauce go above 80?C-85?C or the egg yolks will curdle and ruin the sauce.
4 Servings is actually 1/2 Litre
The ratio of flour / butter / milk is always 1:1:10. Then you can make any amount you like at all!
Made 04MAY2011 and used in the Lasagne.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (9289g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1956 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 217.3g||290 %|
|Saturated Fat 134.1g||670 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.7g|
|Cholesterol 944.3mg||291 %|
|Sodium 5690.6mg||196 %|
|Potassium 16800.5mg||442 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 516.9g||152 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 516.4g|
|Protein 381.1g||544 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5585
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!