1. Place silverside in a deep pot and cover with cold water.
2. Add bay leaf, brown sugar, peppercorns and vinegar. Use only one or two peppercorns for less spice.
3. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 1.5 hours (usually 40 min per 500g).
4. Skim off any scum that gathers on the surface from time to time.
5. Add some potatoes to the pot for the last 25 min.
6. Stab silverside with a carving fork, if it slides off easily then it is cooked.
7. Serve with white sauce, potatoes, and honey carrots (or honey pumpkin).
1. Melt 1 tbsp in a small pan.
2. Stir in 2 tbsp plain flour. Season with nutmeg and pepper.
3. Slowly stir in 1 cup of milk (or soy milk if you prefer).
4. Continue to heat until sauce thickens.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (4g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 7mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 3.7g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 15
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.