Rough Puff Pastry:
• Sift the flour and salt into a large metal bowl. Roughly break the butter in small chunks, add them to the bowl and rub them in loosely to coat the butter.
• Drizzle two thirds of the cold water, mixing until you have a firm rough dough adding extra water if needed. Cover dough and refrigerate for 20 mins.
• Turn out onto a lightly floured board, knead gently and form into a smooth rectangle. Roll the dough in one direction only, until 3 times the width, about 20 x 50cm. Keep edges straight and even. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
• Fold the top third down to the center, then the bottom third up and over that. Give the dough a quarter turn (to the left or right) and roll out again to three times the length. Fold as before, cover with cling film and chill for another 20 minutes.
• Using a ruler, roll out and cut into 2.5” x 3x5” rectangles. You should have 12 pieces. You may control the rise of the puff by making small slits on top of each piece.
• Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Heat the cream until it just starts to boil.
• Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate.
• Let the mixture stand for at least 10 minutes then add flavoring.
• Whisk until smooth
• Refrigerate until mixture firms.
• Whip ganache in the stand mixer until it reaches a soft, whipped consistency and is lighter in colour.
• Pipe dots onto cooled layers of pastry followed by a piped layer of whipped cream.
• Whisk powdered sugar and water until combined.
• Spread over assembled Napoleons
• Melt chocolate over a double boiler
• Pipe lines of chocolate on top of the water icing.
• Using a toothpick pull the chocolate through the white icing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (1219g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 3576 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 397.3g||530 %|
|Saturated Fat 243.5g||1218 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 109.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.2g|
|Cholesterol 865.2mg||266 %|
|Sodium 3887.3mg||134 %|
|Potassium 2106.5mg||55 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 376.2g||111 %|
|Dietary Fiber 29.4g||118 %|
|Sugars, other 346.8g|
|Protein 49.9g||71 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5240
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!