1. Coat pan with olive oil and heat on medium heat.
2. Mix Broth, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag
3.. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring the whole time.
4. Add Zucchini and Squash to pan.
5. Pour just enough broth mixture over each piece of veggie to coat piece.
6. Cover and Simmer stir occasionally for about 6 minutes or until the "meat" of the vegetables becomes tender (I like mine to be almost translucent but milky, you might want yours firmer)
7. Plate and cover with grated cheese (which will melt if done quickly) and add Pine nuts.
I end up make each serving of this separately because of the size of my frying pans and the size of the veggies in my area are on the big side. If you have to do this do not worry about it just repeat the steps.
Option 1. you may want to use walnuts or pecans either of these should be roasted before using with this dish
Option 2. Coarsely chopped the pine nuts and add them to the pan about two minutes before removing from heat.
Play with different cheeses with this I personally like mixed cheese with this but you could fine a white cheese that would agree with this by it's self. I do not recommend yellow cheeses as they would give it a harsher taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (181g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 136 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.1g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 57.5mg||18 %|
|Sodium 60.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 427.8mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 3.2g|
|Protein 16g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 216
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!