1. Heat olive oil & butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add bacon; fry until browned.
3. Lower heat to medium-low, add onions, season with salt & pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender & golden brown, about 15 minutes.
4. Add honey, balsamic vinegar, and thyme; increase heat to high; boil for 2-3 minutes to reduce, stirring occasionally.
5. Take off heat & set aside to cool for 30 minutes. Discard thyme.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/8" thick.
8. Line a 10" tart pan with the dough; prick the bottom with a fork. Trim edges.
9. With a slotted spoon, scoop onion mixture into the tart shell, leaving excess oil behind. Smooth mixture to cover base of the shell.
10. Bake until pastry is crisp and golden.
11. Cool for 5 minutes, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (99g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 89 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.9g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 14.6mg||5 %|
|Sodium 916.7mg||32 %|
|Potassium 146.9mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 7.6g|
|Protein 2.8g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 134
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!