1. Cook broccoli florets and rice according to the directions on their packages. I prefer the rice to be soft and flake with a fork and the broccoli tender but not overcooked. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.
2. In a skillet melt the butter heating up the pan and saute the onions and celery until the onions start to become transparent. Remove from heat and set to the side until needed.
3. In a saucepan at a medium low heat combine the Cheez Wiz, cream of mushroom, and cream of chicken until it starts to bubble; stirring the ingredients together. Be careful to stir consistently as to not let the cheese burn at the bottom of the pan.
4. In a large bowl combine the rice with the sauteed onions and celery. Stir together and add the cheese mixture. Mix well and add the broccoli (cut to smaller pieces if desired before adding it to the mixture).
5. Mix Panko bread crumbs, parmesan, dill, thyme, and pepper for coating and set aside.
6. Evenly spoon chese and brocolli rice mixture into a 13x9 glass dish. Sprinkle with the Panko bread crumbs mix or Italian herb bread crumbs. Cook at 350 degrees for approximately 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Let it cool for a couple of minutes and it is ready to serve.
Substitutions: I have both used cream of celery and cream of broccoli in lieu of the cream of mushroom. It does change the taste, but still tastes good.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1243g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 171 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.8g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 48.1mg||15 %|
|Sodium 1461.6mg||50 %|
|Potassium 1783.6mg||47 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 156.8g||46 %|
|Dietary Fiber 20.3g||81 %|
|Sugars, other 136.5g|
|Protein 25.1g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 875
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.