1. Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of Cling film. Using a rolling pin, lightly pound the thicker areas so the chicken breasts are an even thickness (about 20m). Season all over with salt and pepper.
2. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and transfer to a plate.
3. Add the remaining olive oil to the frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened, stirring regularly. Toss in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in both paprikas and cook for 30 seconds then stir in the tomato purée and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4. Add the sherry and let it bubble to reduce right down before pouring in the stock. Bring to a simmer and allow to bubble until the liquor is reduced by half.
5. Meanwhile, place a steamer over a pan of boiling water. Add the vegetables and steam for 5 minutes or until tender.
6. Add the chicken to the sauce and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Stir in the créme fraiche and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir through the chopped parsley and serve with the steamed vegetables alongside.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (424g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 43 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.7g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 72mg||22 %|
|Sodium 543mg||19 %|
|Potassium 740.7mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.4g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 15.2g|
|Protein 35g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 293
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!