1. In a large bowl beat butter until fluffy; gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla until smooth.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually mix half into peanut butter mixture.
4. Using hands mix in remaining flour mixture to form a stiff dough; refrigerate for 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile prepare the filling. Melt chocolate with butter in a bowl over hot (not boiling) water. Let cool.
6. Divide chilled dough in half. On a lightly floured surface roll each half into 10 X 8 inch rectangle.
7. Spread each rectangle with half the chocolate mixture.
8. Starting from long side roll up each rectangle jelly roll style to form 2 long rolls. Wrap separately seam side down in plastic wrap.
9. Chill until firm or up to 12 hours.
10. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
11. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes of until lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Notes: Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Per Cookie: 120 calories, 8g fat, 2g protein Recipe by: Canadian Living - July 1995 Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1426g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 3233 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 359.2g||479 %|
|Saturated Fat 174g||870 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 120.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 41.7g|
|Cholesterol 709.7mg||218 %|
|Sodium 2850.8mg||98 %|
|Potassium 3139.8mg||83 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 813.3g||239 %|
|Dietary Fiber 32.2g||129 %|
|Sugars, other 781.1g|
|Protein 103.4g||148 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 6639
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.