1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening, 1 cup creamy peanut butter and white and brown sugars. Add vanilla and then eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add slowly to creamy mixture.
3. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Flatten balls with a fork.
4. Bake for 7-8 minutes depending on size (I tend to keep a close eye on them and remove them as soon as they start to get golden. This helps to make them chewy.) Cool on wire racks.
5. To Make the filling: Combine 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and milk in a small bowl adding enough milk to make for a creamy, frosting like texture. Spread frosting on one cookie and top off to make "sandwich".
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (124g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 114 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.6g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.3g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 4.8mg||1 %|
|Sodium 413.6mg||14 %|
|Potassium 104.1mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 99.1g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 97.8g|
|Protein 5g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 522
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!