1) Dice the butter and return it to the refrigerator while you prepare the
2) Place the flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted
with a steel blade and pulse a few times to mix.
3) Add the butter and shortening. Pulse 8 to 12 times, until the butter
is the size of peas.
4) With the machine running, pour the ice water down the feed tube
and pulse the machine until the dough begins to form a ball.
5) Dump out on a floured board and roll into a ball. Wrap in plastic
and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6) Cut the dough in half. Roll each piece on a well-floured board into
a circle, rolling from the center to the edge, turning and flouring the
dough to make sure it doesn't stick to the board.
7) Fold the dough in half, place in a pie pan, and unfold to fit the pan.
Repeat with the top crust.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (6g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 39 (89%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.3g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 2.4mg||1 %|
|Sodium 75.6mg||3 %|
|Potassium 3.2mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1.1g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 44
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!