1. Preheat oven to 375?F.
2. In an 8-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add onion; cook 8 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Drain fat.
3. Meanwhile, in a heavy 12 inch skillet, heat the cooking oil over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper. Brown chops in hot oil 3 minutes per side.
4. Drain sauerkraut; rinse well. Squeeze excess liquid; add to onion mixture. Stir in potatoes, sausage, wine, broth, juniper, and bay leaves; bring to boiling. Remove from heat.
5. Place chops on top of sauerkraut. Cover. Bake 1 hour or until chops are done and potatoes are tender.
6. Discard bay leaves. Arrange sauerkraut mixture on plates; top with chops and rosemary.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (549g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 200 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.2g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||41 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 43.1mg||13 %|
|Sodium 2201.7mg||76 %|
|Potassium 1157.9mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 29g|
|Protein 16.7g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 415
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!