1. Chop onions and smash, crush or mince garlic.
2. In a Dutch oven or stainless steel saucepan, cook onions in fat untilsoft.
3. Stir in crushed garlic and cook for another few minutes.
4. Peel and chop up potatoes and carrots.
5. Add potatoes, carrots, and chicken stock.
6. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
7. Separate broccoli into small flowerets and tender stems and set aside.Discard tough stems.
8. Add broccoli stems to potato mixture. Cover; simmer 45 minutes. Addbroccoli flowerets and cook, covered, for 15 minutes more.
9. Add milk, cream, cheese, salt, and pepper to the pot.
10. Puree with immersion blender or use a potato masher until coarselyblended to desired texture.
11. Add more chicken stock, if needed, to desired consistency. Season withsea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 19.4mg||1 %|
|Potassium 0.2mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!