1. Brown chorizo and crumble; pour off any fat and set chorizo aside.
2. Roast green chili - Roast in oven or over the flame using long fork with heat resistant handle. Roast until skin is blistered.
3. Place peppers in a paper bag for 5 minutes to to steam which will easy removal of the skin.
4. Cut chili pepper lengthwise and remove seeds and membrane. Slice, dice, mince, or puree chili peppers.
5. Mix cheese, pepper and cooked chorizo in a bowl.
6. Divide mixture into 4 ovenproof dishes (Tip: Reuse Crème brûlée dessert dishes from the grocery store.)
7. Cook in 400 degree preheated oven for approximately 5-7 minutes or until the cheese melts; Turn oven to broil for a 1 minute or until a toasted on top.
8. Remove and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
9. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (110g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 284 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.5g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.9g||85 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 85.1mg||26 %|
|Sodium 726.2mg||25 %|
|Potassium 224.1mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 1.9g|
|Protein 23.7g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 388
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.