Quinoa (KEEN-wa) is such a versatile grain, it truly goes with anything. This recipe is all about customization. Below is an outline of what I like to add to my quinoa bowl; however, if you don�t like beets, omit them, and add anything else, like roasted sweet potatoes or squash. If you don�t have spinach but have arugula, by all means � use that! If you have some lemon vinaigrette lying around, use that instead of the herb sauce! Make it you own�as long as its a quinoa bowl, its awesome!
1) Combine the quinoa with 2 cups of water and a couple pinches of salt, and bring to a boil in a saucepan.
2) Bring the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, covered, until all water is absorbed and grains are fluffy.
3) Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice into a separate bowl and set aside.
4) In a small food processor ? blend the herbs with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Then, season with salt.
5) Combine the herb sauce into the quinoa.
6) Then, mound the quinoa in your bowl and surround with all the add-ons.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (136g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 34 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.7g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 10.8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 307.3mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.1g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 5.8g|
|Protein 2.3g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 64
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!