1. Cook the lentils like rice (2 cups of lentils to 5 cups of water). This takes about 30 minutes.
2. In a large pot, saute the garlic, ginger, onions, carrots, zucchini, and green beans (if fresh).
3. Add 1 cup of water and cook until veggies are quite soft
4. Add corn, chickpeas, peas, and green beans (if frozen), and continue to cook.
5. When lentils are cooked, add coconut milk, curry paste, and seasonings.
6. Add the lentil mixture to sauteing veggies and cook on low for about 30-45 minutes. Be sure to stir regularly because the lentils will stick to the bottom of the pot.
Eat plain or over rice.
- I use Patak's curry paste
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (190g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 16 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 130.9mg||5 %|
|Potassium 561.9mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.7g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 35g|
|Protein 13.7g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 233
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.