1. Set aside 1 cup flour
2. In a large bowl, mix remaining flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
3. Stir in hot water and butter. Mix in only enough reserved flour to make a soft dough.
4. Knead 4 minutes on a floured surface.
5. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and roll dough to a 14x10 inch rectangle.
6. Spread Thousand Island dressing down the center third of the dough length.
7. Top with alternating layers of beef, turkey, cheese and sauerkraut.
8. Make cuts from filling to edges of dough at 1-inch intervals along sides of filling.
9. Alternating sides, fold strips at an angle across filling.
10. Cover loaf with a towel and place in a slightly warm (120 degrees) oven.
Brush with egg white and sprinkle with caraway seed.
Let dough rise 15 minutes and remove from oven.
Reheat oven to 400 degrees.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until loaf is light to golden brown. Allow to cool slightly, cut into 1-inch thick portions and serve warm.
Refrigerate leftovers; reheat to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (427g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 241 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.7g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.7g||53 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.2g|
|Cholesterol 92.1mg||28 %|
|Sodium 1567.5mg||54 %|
|Potassium 658.9mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 96.6g||28 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 92.1g|
|Protein 38.2g||55 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 786
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.