1. For the Gnocchi: Pour off any water on top of ricotta in container. Whisk ricotta, Parmesan, egg, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg in large bowl until combined. Using rubber spatula, stir in flour until thoroughly combined. Transfer dough to pastry bag with 3/4-inch opening,
2. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with vegetable oil spray. Pipe evenly spaced 1-inch lengths of dough onto prepared sheet, using greased butter knife to cut dough at tip of bag. Cover sheet with plastic wrap and freeze until gnocchi are completely firm, at least 2 hours. *Gnocchi can be transferred to zipper-lock bag and frozen for up to 1 month).
3. For the sauce: Melt butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, swirling pan occasionally, until butter is golden brown and has nutty aroma, about 2 minutes. Stir in shallot, sage, and salt and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Off heat, stir in water and lemon juice.
4. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon salt and gnocchi. Gently stir gnocchi once. When all gnocchi have floated to surface, continue to cook 2 minutes longer. Using slotted spoon, transfer gnocchi to skillet with sauce.
5. Cook gnocchi and sauce over medium-high heat, stirring gently, until sauce is heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve, passing extra Parmesan separately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (180g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 258 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.7g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.7g||88 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 144mg||44 %|
|Sodium 578mg||20 %|
|Potassium 198.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 26.9g|
|Protein 18.9g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 445
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!