Preparation: Finely chop an onion
1. Cook chicken breast with salt & pepper and herbs if available.
2. Heat 1 Tb butter and oil in a medium-size heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; saute until golden and softened, about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and set aside for later. Stir in rice to coat, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth; stir until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each addition is absorbed before adding next 1/2 cup, until there is only 1 cup broth remaining.
4. Add remaining broth, 1/3 cup at a time, stirring and cooking until rice is just cooked through. Cooking time should be about 30 minutes. Finished dish should be creamy.
5. Cut the cooked chicken into small cubes. Stir the cooked mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, chicken, and remaining tablespoon butter into the risotto.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (221g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 120 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.4g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.8g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 96.5mg||30 %|
|Sodium 196.3mg||7 %|
|Potassium 293.9mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 62.7g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 60g|
|Protein 34.5g||49 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 522
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.