1. Soak the chili peppers overnight in water.
2. Broil the red bell pepper on all sides. Remove skin.
3. Broil the tomatoes on all sides. Remove skin and seeds.
4. Roast garlic head. Cut off the top of the garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Place in pan covered with aluminum foil. Bake at 375 for 50-60 min. Cool and remove from skins.
5. Remove seeds from chili peppers and scrape meat out of skin. Set aside.
6. Roast the nuts. Place them on a sheet pan and toast them for a few minutes in the oven, being careful not to burn them.
Assembly in food processor:
1. Process the nuts to a fine texture.
2. Add the roasted garlic, roasted red bell pepper, roasted tomatoes, chili pepper paste and if desired, bread and tomato sauce. Process and add salt to taste.
3. Add extra virgin olive oil and process until it gets creamy
4. Add red wine vinegar to taste.
5. Add raw garlic cloves and if desired, parsley
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (41g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 62 (82%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.9g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 12.8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 115.3mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 2.3g|
|Protein 1.4g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 76
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!