1. Lay sliced bread out 2 days before and cover with paper towels. Turn over after 24 hours.
2. Break bread into loose peices - generates about 20 cups
3. Melt butter in saucepan, add 1 can broth, add celery, onions, parsley, cook until soft.
4. Break up sausage into pieces and mix with bread mixture.
5. Pour in broth and onion mixture. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
6. Gradually add 1 cup warm milk and mix until desired consistency. If still too hard, add more broth.
7. Can make night before - use to stuff bird or bake in casserole dish along side bird.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (374g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 32 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 5.5mg||2 %|
|Sodium 1118.5mg||39 %|
|Potassium 245.2mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 31g|
|Protein 7.4g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 193
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.