Making the Filling
1. Heat oil pan in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
2. Add paste. When they crackle, add the ginger-green chili paste
3. Sauté for one minute and add the potato, green peas, amchur, coriander-cumin seed powder, garam masala and salt.
4. Mix well and mash lightly
5. Remove from the fire, cool, divide into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
Making the Chapatti
1. In a bowl, sieve the flour and salt together
2. Add the ghee and mix with fingers.
3. Knead into a soft dough using water.
4. Divide the dough into eight equal portions.
5. Roll in each round into 150 mm. (6") diameter chapattis. (A Chapatti is a thin flat circular bread or dough in this instance.)
6. Divide each chapatti into two halves.
7. Make a cone from each part and stuff with samosa filling.
8. Seal the edges carefully using a little water. (You can also make paste using flour and water for easier sealing).
9. Repeat with the remaining chapattis and filling.
10. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown in color.
11. Serve hot with green chutney. Hot crispy samosas are ready to eat with chutney or ketchup.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (61g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 31 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.5g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 4.2mg||1 %|
|Sodium 38.3mg||1 %|
|Potassium 66.7mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 13.5g|
|Protein 2.1g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 98
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!