1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat 12 to 14 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
2. Heat a 12-cup muffin pan in oven for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine cornmeal mix and sugar in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
3. Stir together buttermilk and egg; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in melted butter, cheese and bacon. Remove pan from oven, and coat with cooking spray. Put batter into hot muffin pan, filling almost completely full.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and let cool 10 minutes.
6. Whisk together eggs, 1 tablespoon water, and creole seasoning in a medium bowl. Melt 1 tablespoon or butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add egg mixture, and cook without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides or skillet to form large pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. (Do not overstir.) Cut muffins in half and spoon eggs over bottom halves. Cover with top halves of muffins.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (270g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 293 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32.5g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.9g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 759.9mg||234 %|
|Sodium 989.6mg||34 %|
|Potassium 380.6mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 28.3g|
|Protein 30g||43 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 538
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!