1. Place large stock pot over medium heat, add the oil/bacon grease.
2. Allow oil to heat for five minutes, then add flour. Stir together then lower heat and continue to stir the roux until color of peanut butter.
3. Add onions, bell pepper, and celery to the roux and stir to blend. Cook on medium for about 5 minutes until softened.
4. Add the Tasso ham and andouille sausage and stir for a few minutes.
5. Add garlic, cook for about 30 seconds then add beer and shrimp stock.
6. Season with thyme, bay leaves, Worcestershire, salt, cayenne and zatarains.
7. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to simmer and simmer for an hour, skimming foam or oil off the top.
8. Season shrimp, scallops and catfish with creole seasoning. Stir into the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add oysters with liquor and cook, stirring often, for additional 5 minutes.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
11. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley and green onions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (368g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 346 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 38.4g||51 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.2g||66 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6g|
|Cholesterol 192.9mg||59 %|
|Sodium 858.7mg||30 %|
|Potassium 772.1mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 19.7g|
|Protein 39.6g||57 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 601
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!