1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook place sourdough starter and lukewarm water. Add flours and salt and beat at low speed for 4 minutes until the dough comes together and does not tear when pulled.
2. Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75 degrees F) until dough feels smooth and soft, 2 - 2 1/2 hours, turning every 30 minutes (to complete a turn, grab underside of dough, stretch it up and fold it to center of dough. Do this 4 times around the bowl)
3. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Gently press dough flat into a 9-inc circle. Fold right third of dough over to center; fold left third over first fold. Cover with a kitchen towel, and let rest for 20 - 30 minutes.
4. For final shape, press dough flat again, grab bottom edge, and gently stretch and fold bottom third over to center. Stretch right side out, and fold right third over to center, repeat with left side. Finish by folding top third over previous folds. Roll loaf away from you, and using both hands, cup dough and pull it toward you to seal. Turn dough 90 degrees and pull again until a tight , smooth boule forms. Place seam side up in a banneton (proofing basket) or a small bowl lined with a kitchen towel heavily dusted with bread flour. Loosely cover dough with towel and let rise for 3 hours (alternatively, place in refrigerator to cold ferment overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before baking)
5. When dough has 30 minutes left to rise, place a Dutch oven and lid in cold oven. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
6. Turn boule out of banneton or bowl onto a sheet of parchment paper dusted with flour. Dust top of boule lightly with flour. Using a lame or razor blade, score top of loaf. Carefully remove hot Dutch oven from oven; remove lid, and place boule, still on parchment paper, in Dutch oven. Cover with lid, and place back in oven.
7. Immediately reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove lid and bake until deep golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 205 degrees F, 5 to 10 minutes more. Immediately remove loaf from Dutch oven, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
1. Add 1 1/4 cups small cubed sharp cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons diced seeded jalapeno. Add at step 1 then continue to step 6. Immediately reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Bake for 30 minutes, remove lid and bake until deep golden brown and an instant read thermometer inserted in center registers 205 degrees F, 10 to 15 minutes more.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1904g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 71 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.8g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.1g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 195.8mg||60 %|
|Sodium 5984.5mg||206 %|
|Potassium 18563.6mg||489 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1102.2g||324 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1102.2g|
|Protein 381.9g||546 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5964
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!